Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Ugh! Everything's a song!"

7-13-09
Poor Zach. I tortured him. One day while driving around, I was acting more silly than usual. Zach looked over at me and said, “Mom, you’re such a dork.” I laughed and replied, “Well, it’s my job as a parent to embarrass the crap out of you. How am I doing?” He just shook his head and sighed a hopeless sigh. I laughed even harder. Another way we tortured him was unintentional…most of the time. Tim and I are often reminded of songs in daily conversation. For example, if someone says, “It may take some time…” we may start singing the Little River Band Song, “Take time to make time, make time to be there. Look around, be a part….” Zach often said things that reminded us of songs. He would get thoroughly disgusted when we would start singing, “Ugh! Everything’s a song!” and he would storm out of the room.

No comments: