Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bright Red Ears

7-15-09
One of the many things I loved about Zach was his inability to lie. Every time I think about it, it makes me smile. Whenever he was ‘less than honest’, so to speak, his ears turned bright red. Luckily for his father and I, Zach chose to wear his hair in a buzz cut so his ears were always visible. Of course, the telling smile on his face and the fidgeting to and fro, and the avoidant glances just helped verify that he wasn’t actually embarrassed instead of lying. To me, that just showed me that he had a strong sense of morality. Yes, I know he was lying, but his ears told me that he knew it was wrong. He usually couldn’t even get through it before telling on himself. He was human and did make mistakes and I’m not blind to that fact…
How can someone so smart do something so stupid??? Zach, I know you never meant to hurt anybody, but you did. You hurt us all very badly!. Sometimes I just can’t stand it and it’s been almost two years….

No comments: