Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Deer Appears

6-3-09
While working today, I needed a break. I thought I’d just run through a drive through. I found myself at the cemetery because I’m missing Zach more than usual today. As I cleaned off the dried, mowed grass from his gravestone, I started crying. I said out loud, “Zach, nothing is right without you.” I looked up and to the left and again, just as on his anniversary date last August, a deer walked out of the woods and just stood there. It was such a beautiful golden brown color and so peaceful. It swished its tail, nibbled on some leaves, took a few steps, paused, and slowly walked into another clump of trees in another part of the cemetery. I’ve had three personal experiences with deer since Zach died. My sister-in-law, Toni, has had some also. Just as my despair and crying reaches a point where I can hardly stand it, a deer appears. This deer appeared as soon as I spoke. What a wonderful gift…

No comments: